Windsor Park Nordic Centre clubhouse to remain closed for the remainder of the 2020-2021 ski season.
In the interest of public health and the health and safety of staff, Windsor Park Nordic Centre management has decided against opening the clubhouse this season. Sadly, this means the Windsor Park Ski School (lesson) program is cancelled, and ski equipment will not be available for short term rental this season.
Private lessons with ski instructors may become possible later this season if Provincial Public Health Orders allow for the resumption of organized recreational/sport activity.
A limited amount of Windsor Park rental ski equipment is currently for sale. Everyone interested in purchasing used equipment from our rental inventory is encouraged to email email@example.com. Please indicate your height, weight and shoe size (EU shoe size if possible). If we have equipment suitable for you, we will reply to schedule an appointment for purchase.
Many thanks to St. Vital Councilor Brian Mayes for renting the heated, portable toilets which have been installed on site next to our garage in the parking lot. They are a very welcome addition for those heading out for a long ski or coming in from out of town.
Many thanks as well to everyone who has purchased trail passes this season so far (1800 day passes and 1300 season pass holders) and the added amounts you’ve sent as special thanks to Jim the Groomer. We all appreciate your support!
Trails remain open
We remain committed to keeping our trails groomed, lit and signed to the very best of our ability for the rest of this ski season. We are very much looking forward to welcoming everyone back into the clubhouse next season. We expect lots of new skiers eager to take lessons and rent equipment and we can’t wait to help you learn new skills and enjoy skiing even more than you are now!
Please continue to ski safely, stay 2 metres apart, enjoy the fresh air and exercise, and share your experiences with us on social media. We invite you to tag us @wpnordic on your Instagram posts and stories.
Windsor Park Nordic Centre is a not-for-profit nordic recreational facility maintained and operated by the Cross Country Ski Association of Manitoba since 2000.
100% of trail fees go toward trail grooming & maintenance, clubhouse amenities & utilities, staffing and facility upkeep.
Outdoor enthusiasts have been skiing at Windsor Park for over 30 years. The Cross Country Ski Association of Manitoba has an agreement with the City of Winnipeg to maintain and operate this historic facility and valuable urban green space for the benefit of everyone.
We have a passion for winter and want to share it with you. Come ski with us!
Clubhouse Services & Programs
- Our ~15 km of trails are groomed daily for both classic & skate technique
- All trails are lit for night skiing!
- Rustic clubhouse with fireplace, Hot chocolate and snack bar
- Rental ski equipment for all ages
- Ski School for all abilities – taught by certified CANSI instructors
- 20 lane, 100m Practice Grid with skate lane perimeter
- Jackrabbits – Red River Nordic & Downtown Nordic run their Jackrabbit ski programs out of Windsor Park. Contact the clubs to register.
- Wednesday Night Race Series
- Community and School Groups welcome. Contact us for booking information.
- Basic ski waxing service, or wax your own in our wax room with ski forms and electrical outlets
- Locker rooms and locker rentals (sorry, lockers are not large enough for skis).
- Sunroom rental for special events. Ask us about Birthday parties! Occupancy ~15 people.
- Notice Board for buy & sell, upcoming events, community notices etc.
- World Cup videos playing on the not-so-big (but not-so-small) screen. Instructional videos available on request.